Sunday, August 29, 2010

Things that make me happy

New job
I have my first new shift at the Customer Service job tomorrow. I AM SO NERVOUS. I have this terrible feeling in my gut that I am going to screw up really badly, and then I'm going to get fired. ARGH! But I'm also really excited because it's a new job, and I think it'll be really fun (and because of the great wage, shut up thats not my only reason).


Batman
Batman always makes me happy. He is my happy place. But today I was even more happy, because I found one of those soup thermos things with a Batman design on it. AWESOME! Unfortunately, it was too expensive so I didn't get it. D: But the fact that is exists is pretty damn sweet.

Small Children
Now this might just be the womanly hormones talking, but stacking in the Kids section is extremely difficult sometimes. Not because of the amount of material (though there was a crap load last shift), but because of the extremely adorable children running around. A couple shifts ago, there was the one little girl there, and our conversation went something like this:
GIRL: *runs up* I'm wearing flip-flops! *shows them off*
ME: :D :D :D
GIRL: They're Dora!
ME: :D :D :D :D
And later, after she had jumped around on the letters in the carpet, while saying the alphabet:
GIRL: What are you doing?
ME: I'm stacking books. What are you doing?
GIRL: I'm looking for Berenstain Bear books.
ME: I CAN HELP YOU FIND THOSE!!!
GIRL: :D *runs up to mom* She's gonna help me find Berenstain Bear books!
ME: :D :D :D *finds books*
GIRL: *shows them to mom* SHE FOUND ME BERESTAIN BOOKS!
ME: :D :D :D :D :D :D
SO CUTE! Made my day there. Aw yeah.

Tie-in Novels
Usually, tie-in novels would never make a "Things that make me happy list", because they usually suck. BALLS. But I have happened across ones which actually don't suck: the Supernatural ones. I'm not just saying this because I love Supernatural in an extremely obsessive and stalker-ish way, but because they actually don't suck. In the last one I read, there were two completely awesome things. One, Sam said "mad skillz", complete with letter z. AWESOME. Two, Dean quoted Monty Python. When they found a mass grave full of bones, Dean said "Look at the bones!" in a corny British accent. I LOVE THESE FICTIONAL MEN SO MUCH. OMG ITS KINDA CREEPY.

Misha Collins
I am convinced the world cannot actually contain this much awesome. It is not possible that this man is actually real. I'm considering the possibility that he is an alien. From the planet of Completely and Utterly Awesome. Not only is he a fantastic actor, he is also incredibly hilarious, and uses his popularity (which is immense for a TV actor who mainly has bit parts) to raise money for good causes, such as Haiti and the floods in Pakistan. He has a website called The Random Act (which may be crashed again because of the amount of pledges they are getting for Misha's run) and he and some of the people from the site go around and give out flowers to people on the street, or in some cases, umbrellas. He just likes to brighten people's day. On Sept. 5, he is running a marathon, and for every mile he runs, he asks people to pledge some money, whether it be a penny or a dollar. He is apparently going to twit his location on the race so you can watch him die. TRUFAX. And is possibly the only person I would ever go onto twitter for. Now I read his twitter all the time, so I can see if he is kissing Sarah Palin or being felt up by random perverts on the plane. You should so check it out!  There are some truly fantastic and messed-up pictures of the guys, like this one and this one and this one and this one and this one. He claims he doesn't wear underwear, except for the ones fans give him, and he made a terrible original Syfy movie called Stonehenge Apocalypse. In it, his catchphrase is "It was a robot head." YES. WANT TO SEE SO BAD.
I love this man so much!!!




1 comment:

  1. Things I Love:
    You
    Your Misha Collins obsession.
    Asian Babies.

    Hey, you know, if you want we could buy him some Thai underwear...

    Love.

    ReplyDelete