Sunday, August 22, 2010

Various Stuff of Awesomeness

Today we had the staff opening at the new Branch, which was epic fun times. We milled around, ate things on sticks, and all the adults watched the kids movie they had going while the kids went around and did other stuff. Then we had random speeches from random people, that went kinda like this:
DIRECTOR DUDE OF EVERYTHING: Thx for making a library. We're awesome.
US: *random applause*
RANDOM OLD BOARD PERSON: Dudes, we made a library.
US: *random applause*
ME: Who is this person? I want more meat-on-a-stick.
Then we got to see the library. I gave my dad the grand tour (which he didn't seem very interested in), before everyone started to go home. Then the amazing happened.
WE WERE ALLOWED TO TAKE STUFF WITH US.

NEW STUFF.

AWESOME STUFF.

I think I had a small aneurysm when I found out, followed quickly by the crushing despair of realizing I had forgotten my library card. But I was offered hope by the kindly Elisabeth, the Uber Librarian of Awesomeness.

ELISABETH: You can enter in your library ID number on your card into the checkout. Do you know it?
ME: :D :D :D :D

So that is what I did. I now have the fourth season of Supernatural, a season of The Closer (for my mommy) and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I am still having fits of joy over this, which makes me realize how lame my life is. I think I am going to marathon Supernatural Season 4 this week, and then post episode play-by-plays. Because I start commenting on a series halfway through it. I'm just classy like that. Also, I may do a meme, which is also extremely classy. Oh, yeah, I'm the definition of classy-ness. 

In other news, I finally saw Inception yesterday.
ME: *sits down, clutching bag and saying OMG over and over under my breath*
MOVIE: I AM THE MOST AWESOME THING SINCE EVER. IF TWO AWESOME THINGS GOT TOGETHER, HAD AN AWESOME ROMANCE, HAD AWESOME SEX, AND HAD AN AWESOME LOVE-CHILD-MOVIE, I WOULD BE THAT AWESOME LOVE-CHILD-MOVIE.
ME: *dies of awesome*
So yeah. Everything is pretty damn awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Omigod I miss you.

    One of the English teachers at my school shows her classes Supernatural DVDs.

    Made me think of you.

    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete