This is what happens when I don't blog in a really long time. Awesome things pile up. This is probably going to be a long post. Oh dear.
Well first, Operation Moving All Our Shit was a success. Kinda. I still have to unpack my room. God, I hate moving. DDDDDDDDDDDDD:
Second, read the most awesome tie-in novel EVAH. That other one I told you about? Does not even compare. This one was fantastic. Again Supernatural, and Judas was in it. And he and Cas were old friends. AWESOME. I am now going to read another book by him. About ZOMBIE STORMTROOPERS. HELL YES.
Speaking of books, a few of my page friends and I have started a book club. The object of this book club is to read the most terrible books known to man. We have three picked out so far. The first is called Rampant. The summary is as follows:
Forget everything you ever knew about unicorns...
Real unicorns are venomous, man-eating monsters with huge fangs and razor-sharp horns. Fortunately, they've been extinct for a hundred and fifty years.
Or not.
Astrid had always scoffed at her eccentric mother's stories about killer unicorns. But when one of the monsters attacks her boyfriend—thereby ruining any chance of him taking her to the prom—Astrid finds herself headed to Rome to train as a unicorn hunter at the ancient cloisters the hunters have used for centuries.
However, at the cloisters all is not what it seems. Outside, the unicorns wait to attack. And within, Astrid faces other, unexpected threats: from the crumbling, bone-covered walls that vibrate with a terrible power to the hidden agendas of her fellow hunters to—perhaps most dangerously of all—her growing attraction to a handsome art student ... an attraction that could jeopardize everything.
Awesome right? I have a sneaking suspicion that the art student is actually an unicorn in disguise.
The second is called Sliding Home. Its a romance novel about a baseball player. Here is the summary:
The left fielder for the Richmond Rogues had returned from six weeks of spring training in Florida to find someone had moved into his mobile home. That person was presently in his shower. And no matter how sexy the squatter might be, Kason wanted her out.
He had his trusty dobie, Cimarron; he didn't need anyone else in his life. Not even a stubborn tomboy who rouses all kinds of wild reactions in him, then soothed his soul with peace offerings of macaroni and cheese and rainbow Jell-O. The bad boy of baseball was ready to play hardball if need be, but with Dayne Sheridan firmly planted between his sheets, he found himself...Sliding Home.
That last sentence...words cannot express. ROFL. That sentence was why we picked this book. Hell yes.
The third book is Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child. The title alone makes it COMPLETELY worth it. The summary:
Billionaire polo player Diego Ortega has seen the world and sampled many of its women. Sweet beauty Rachel Summers has sated his appetite--so why does he find his body yearning for more? Rachel knows she is not Diego's type--less glamorous supermodel, more wholesome country girl. But that doesn't mean she has to wear her heart on her sleeve. She kept her virginity a secret before he bedded her.... But now she "has" to tell Diego she's carrying his baby!
Also, why the hell is "has" in quotation marks?I am so excited to read these books, as they will be endlessly amusing and AWESOME. I laughing already.
And possibly the most awesome thing ever: When I went out onto my porch the other night, I find this:
Yes, that is a bat. I have named him Batface, and have decided this is his home now. Sadly, he hasn't come back yet, possibly because I blinded him with the flash on my camera. Oooops?
Anyways, that is my life right now, between working an obscene amount and listening to Led Zeppelin. And marathoning season 1 of 24. Which is epic. I am terribly fond of these two brothers, who are evil assassins, out for revenge. I always like them, even when they are shooting people in the face. I think there's something seriously wrong with me.
ETA: Just did a spellcheck, and all the emoticon things I do came up as spelled wrong. LOL. BTW, what the hell does ETA mean? Whenever I see it I think Estimated Time of Arrival. Maybe I'll just stick with that.

That IS what ETA means.
ReplyDeleteWell, either that or Egotistical Tyrranical Bastard.
Your choice.
Batface seems like a loving friend.
There are many books in the "please by this shitty old book" section of the public library that should be added to you reading list.
I look forward to hearing more about the books.
I love you lots.
BTW - Did I tell you my Dad is a Red Shirt?
Why is your father a red shirt? And are we talking Thai red shirts or "fight for freedom" Italians? Or just people who wear red shirts, because thats completedly different.
ReplyDelete